Slummy Mummy Confessions
So here I am, cleansing my conscience with some confessions:
- On more than one occasion when I've noticed a dusty area I've grabbed the nearest teddy bear and used it to dust with. A quick tap afterwards and the teddy is left dust-free.
- I use the tumble dryer to get creases out of clothes rather than iron them.
- Once I forgot to put the tooth fairy money under N's pillow, needless to say we had a very upset little girl in the morning.
- I often buy handmade cakes for the school cake sale and pretend that I made them.
- A couple of times, when we've been running late, I've forgotten to give the kids breakfast so have grabbed some biscuits/crisps for them to eat on the way to school.
- Once I didn't notice that I'd used mouldy bread for T's marmite sandwiches so he took a mouldy lunch to school.
- I spray the armpits of T's PE t-shirt with deodorant instead of washing it for his next boxercise session a couple of days later.
I'm sure there have been many more slummyisms in my world since having children but these are the ones that really stick out in my mind, I guess they're the ones I feel most guilty about.
Have you had any slummy mummy moments or are you 100% yummy mummy? I'd love to hear from you!