This is my list of mummy, or indeed daddy, problems which most of us will face at one time or another with our little angels...
- Brushing my teeth at 3.30am because I fell asleep, exhausted, the night before and didn't manage to clean them.
- Unplugging the house phone, switching all mobiles/iPads etc to silent and even removing the bell from the doorbell just to
get some peaceallow baby to have an uninterrupted sleep.
- Singing the Pajanimals theme song in public.
- Trying to strap baby into the car seat when she really doesn't want to be strapped in.
- Continuing to watch kids TV programmes even though they left the room/went to sleep half an hour ago.
- Manoeuvring baby from the car to the pushchair which has the raincover on (and vice versa), in the pouring rain without getting baby and pushchair wet.
- Settling down in bed to read a good book (once baby is finally asleep), reading a couple of lines then waking up hours later with the book on my face.
- Only realising I have baby food stains on my clothes or in my hair (she's not fussy where she puts it) when I've already left the house.
- A peaceful bath turning into a very public one as the children traipse in and out of the bathroom, followed by hubby and baby. I sometimes wonder if it'll be the dog coming in to talk to me next!
I'm pretty sure there are many more but these are definitely the most regular in my household. As I come across new ones I'll update my list.
- Getting peed/pooped on when you're changing baby's nappy.
- Carrying baby around the supermarket on my shoulder and pushing the trolley one-handed because she's asleep and I don't have the heart to wake her up.
- Singing baby a lullaby and nearly falling asleep myself while baby is wide awake.
- Trying to sneeze quietly when little one is asleep right next to you.
What are your mummy or daddy problems? I'd love to hear them.