Moving House Update
I haven't talked about our planned house-move for a while so I thought I'd share a quick update of what's been going on.
Basically we've come to a halt. We're still making improvements so that our house looks appealing to potential buyers but we're unable to move forward with putting the house on the market until we can get a new mortgage sorted.
Hubby started his own company just last year and this is where the problem lies. He had been in his previous job for around 15 years so we never had any problems with borrowing money. We never even considered that we might have to wait until his own company had at least one year of accounts before we could re-mortgage but unfortunately that is what we have to do.
On one hand it's probably a good thing because it gives us the chance to make the improvements we want to without feeling like we have to rush, but on the other hand it means we have to wait around until April before we can make the next step. In the grand scheme of things it's nothing major, just something to annoy my impatient side.
I'll post another update after April when we finally take the next step.