10 Things I'm Thankful For
Whenever I see our friends across the pond celebrating Thanksgiving it always gets me thinking about the things in my life that I'm thankful for. So today I'm going to share...
- Number 1 is always going to be my family. I'm so lucky to be surrounded by love, laughter and support - there may sometimes be arguments but at the end of the day we'll always be there for one another and I'm so thankful for that.
- My blogging friends. When I first started blogging on Me, My Books and I it was quite a lonely place to be. But gradually I began to get to know a few other bloggers and their support over the years has been invaluable, in particular the lovely Shaz from Jera's Jamboree who has been there from the start. I'm thankful for the friends I've made in my online world.
- The NHS. I might grumble sometimes when I can't get an appointment with our doctor straight away but the NHS is amazing isn't it. The doctors and nurses work so hard and do incredible things every day, often with very little praise. I'm so grateful for what the medical staff did for me during my recent birthing experience. Without them I wouldn't be here!
- Cameras. I'm thankful that I can capture so many memories with just a click of a button. I love looking through the thousands (that's not even an exaggeration) of photos on my iPhone and remembering when each one was taken.
- Books. When real life gets tough there's nothing better than opening up a book and slipping into an imaginary world where anything can happen.
- Costa coffee, in particular their lattes. It doesn't matter what mood I'm in, the creamy loveliness always manages to put a smile on my face.
- Clean sheets. Who doesn't love getting into a freshly made bed - if only I had the time to change them every day!
- Takeaways. I know they're not the most nutritious meal idea in the world but I'm definitely thankful for them. They're convenient when life is hectic (and lets face it, our house is often hectic) or even when you just want to treat the family.
- Amazon Prime Now. If you don't already know about this service then you really should. As long as you're a Amazon Prime member you can get all sorts of goods delivered to your door in just a couple of hours with no delivery cost! If you're at home with a poorly child or if you're unwell yourself it's an absolute godsend and I for one am extremely thankful for it.
- FaceTime. Life is busy and it's not always possible to go around visiting everyone you love every day so being able to speak to someone face-to-face on FaceTime is wonderful. It means you can see for yourself how they are and chat as though you're in the same room. I'm thankful that I get to see people more often from the comfort of my own home.
So there you have it, 10 things in my life that I'm thankful for. Why not think about the things that you're thankful for and make a list? I'd love to hear about them!