Mr V's Hot Chilli
Today I'm going to share one of hubby's favourite meals - hot chilli. Personally this is too hot for me but he likes anything with a bit of a kick, the hotter the better!
As with anything we cook in our house, the recipe is really easy and it should feed four people depending on portion size.
500g Pork Mince
1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
225g Diced Onion
390g Cirio Finely Chopped Tomatoes With Chilli
140g Cirio Cannellini Beans
4 tbsps Frank's Red Hot Original Sauce
37g Packet of Colmans Hot Chilli Con Carne Mix
200g Pack of Birds Eye Mediterranean Rice Fusions
1. Heat the oil in a frying pan and brown off the mince.
2. Add the diced onion and stir.
3. Add the Cirio Finely Chopped Tomatoes With Chilli.
4. Mix together the Chilli Con Carne Mix with 125ml of water, add 4 tbsps of Frank's Hot Sauce and pour into the frying pan.
5. Add the remaining 125ml of water and stir well.
6. Mix in the Cirio Cannellini Beans.
7. Leave to simmer for 15 minutes and serve with the Birds Eye Rice.
This recipe will definitely warm you up on a cold day, pure comfort food! I'd love to hear from you if you try it out for yourself.
We received some Cirio products to use in our recipes. All opinions are my own or that of my family.