Easy Peasy Pizza
Regular V Family Fun readers will know that I like cooking to be as easy as possible and this means I'm always looking out for ingredients that make cooking a doddle.
Today's recipe (I actually don't feel like I can call it a recipe because it's so simple) contains a few of these kind of ingredients and the bonus here is that it's also a fun activity for children to get involved in. They feel proud because they've made their own meal and of course it's always the most delicious thing they've ever tasted!
Obviously you could make your own pizza dough, squash your own tomatoes and grate your own mozzarella but how many busy parents actually have time for that, especially when you can buy it already prepared for you!
1. Pre-heat the oven to 220°c/gas mark 7.
2. Remove the pizza bases from the pack and pour on some of the Cirio passata (any sauce that you don't use can be stored in the fridge for 3-4 days).
3. Spread the passata over the base and sprinkle on the grated mozzarella depending on your taste preferences - I prefer more cheese and less sauce but the rest of the V Family are a saucy lot and like it the other way round.
4. Put the finished creations in the oven for approx 10 minutes or until the mozzarella has turned a golden brown colour.
5. Cut into slices, serve and enjoy!
Now I'm sure your children are far less fussy than mine so you could add other toppings of their choosing. My favourite pizza toppings are onion, red peppers, chunks of chicken and a huge mound of mozzarella, yummy.
Do your children enjoy making pizzas? What are your favourite toppings? I'd love to hear from you.
We received some Cirio products to use in our recipes. All opinions are my own or that of my family.